1) Get organised; know what you're going to do in the when you're filming, don't leave it to the last minute!
2) Chose location wisely- don't film somewhere that might cause issues further into production.
3) Film the scene from more than one angle so that you have more footage to edit and can use cross cutting.
4) Skilled actors/ good direction, make sure everyone knows how they are meant to act.
5) Make sure you know how to use the equipment at hand, i.e cameras and tri-pods in an effective manner.
6) Learn how to use the editing software provided!
7) Ensure you capture enough footage to fill out the plot so that there.